Singer's was a bicycle factory in Coventry. The works team was founded in 1883.
In 1892 they won 3 cup competitions (The Birmingham Cup, The Wednesbury Cup and The Walsall Cup).
In 1894 the club joined the Birmingham League (finishing 13th out of 16 in each of their first 3 seasons).
Singer's first entered the FA Cup in the 1895-96 season, losing to Burton Swifts.
In 1898 the name of the club was changed to Coventry City.